Download Formatted Lobbyist Registration Data
Legislative and Executive branch lobbyist/principal registration datasets can be downloaded free of charge. Each dataset contains basic information about lobbyists, the principals they register to represent, and any associated firm information. Click on the File Definition Description link below to view the file format. The datasets are updated daily.
File Definition Description (PDF)
To download a lobbyist file:
- Right-Click on the desired file below.
- Select "Save Target As" or "Save Link As."
- Select the location to save the file. Click Save. A Download complete box will appear. Click Close.
To import the file (using Microsoft Excel as an example):
- Open a blank spreadsheet.
- In the Data menu, select "Import External Data", "Import Data".
- Browse to the folder where you saved the file, select it and click "Open".
- Select "Delimited", then "Next".
- Select "Tab-delimited", then "Next".
- Select "Finish".
- Select "Existing Worksheet" and Click on "OK".
Formatted Registration Data
The tab-delimited files below are in the (.TXT) format and can be imported into any word processor, spreadsheet, or database program.
Legislative Lobbyist File (Last Update: 05/18/2013 / Size: 7,022 KB)
Executive Lobbyist File (Last Update: 05/18/2013 / Size: 5,929 KB)