Section 627.732, Florida Statutes 2000
627.732 Definitions.--As used in ss. 627.730-627.7405:
(1) "Motor vehicle" means any self-propelled vehicle with four or more wheels which is of a type both designed and required to be licensed for use on the highways of this state and any trailer or semitrailer designed for use with such vehicle and includes:
(a) A "private passenger motor vehicle," which is any motor vehicle which is a sedan, station wagon, or jeep-type vehicle and, if not used primarily for occupational, professional, or business purposes, a motor vehicle of the pickup, panel, van, camper, or motor home type.
(b) A "commercial motor vehicle," which is any motor vehicle which is not a private passenger motor vehicle.
The term "motor vehicle" does not include a mobile home or any motor vehicle which is used in mass transit, other than public school transportation, and designed to transport more than five passengers exclusive of the operator of the motor vehicle and which is owned by a municipality, a transit authority, or a political subdivision of the state.
(2) "Named insured" means a person, usually the owner of a vehicle, identified in a policy by name as the insured under the policy.
(3) "Owner" means a person who holds the legal title to a motor vehicle; or, in the event a motor vehicle is the subject of a security agreement or lease with an option to purchase with the debtor or lessee having the right to possession, then the debtor or lessee shall be deemed the owner for the purposes of ss. 627.730-627.7405.
(4) "Relative residing in the same household" means a relative of any degree by blood or by marriage who usually makes her or his home in the same family unit, whether or not temporarily living elsewhere.
(5) "Recovery agent" means any person or agency who is licensed as a recovery agent or recovery agency and authorized under s. 324.202 to seize license plates.
History.--s. 3, ch. 71-252; s. 3, ch. 76-168; s. 1, ch. 77-457; s. 2, ch. 78-374; ss. 2, 3, ch. 81-318; ss. 551, 563, ch. 82-243; s. 68, ch. 82-386; s. 1, ch. 85-320; s. 5, ch. 86-182; s. 6, ch. 95-202; s. 1, ch. 97-84; s. 361, ch. 97-102.