Online Sunshine Logo
Official Internet Site of the Florida Legislature
October 3, 2022
Text: 'NEW Advanced Legislative Search'
Interpreter Services for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
Go to MyFlorida House
Go to MyFlorida House
Select Year:  
The Florida Statutes

The 2022 Florida Statutes

Chapter 620
View Entire Chapter
F.S. 620.1803
620.1803 Winding up.
(1) A limited partnership continues after dissolution only for the purpose of winding up its activities.
(2) In winding up its activities, the limited partnership:
(a) May preserve the limited partnership business or property as a going concern for a reasonable time, prosecute and defend actions and proceedings, whether civil, criminal, or administrative, transfer the limited partnership’s property, settle disputes by mediation or arbitration, and perform other necessary acts.
(b) Shall discharge, make provision for, or otherwise address the limited partnership’s liabilities, settle and close the limited partnership’s activities, and marshal and distribute the assets of the partnership.
(c) May file a statement of termination as provided in s. 620.1203.
(3) If a dissolved limited partnership does not have a general partner, a person to wind up the dissolved limited partnership’s activities may be appointed by the consent of limited partners owning a majority of the rights to receive distributions as limited partners at the time the consent is to be effective. A person appointed under this subsection:
(a) Has the powers of a general partner under s. 620.1804.
(b) Shall promptly amend the certificate of limited partnership to state:
1. That the limited partnership does not have a general partner.
2. The name of the person that has been appointed to wind up the limited partnership.
3. The street and mailing address of the person.
(4) On the application of any partner, the circuit court may order judicial supervision of the winding up, including the appointment of a person to wind up the dissolved limited partnership’s activities, if:
(a) A limited partnership does not have a general partner and within a reasonable time following the dissolution no person has been appointed pursuant to subsection (3); or
(b) The applicant establishes other good cause.
History.s. 17, ch. 2005-267.