Online Sunshine Logo
Official Internet Site of the Florida Legislature
February 22, 2024
Text: 'NEW Advanced Legislative Search'
Interpreter Services for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
Go to MyFlorida House
Go to MyFlorida House
Select Year:  
The Florida Statutes

The 2023 Florida Statutes (including Special Session C)

Chapter 620
View Entire Chapter
F.S. 620.1910
620.1910 Amending certificate of authority.
(1) A foreign limited partnership authorized to transact business in this state shall make application to the Department of State to obtain an amended certificate of authority to:
(a) Change its name on the records of the Department of State;
(b) Amend its jurisdiction;
(c) Change its general partners;
(d) Add or delete its status as a limited liability limited partnership; or
(e) Amend any false statement contained in its application for certificate of authority.
(2) Such application shall be made within 30 days after the occurrence of any change mentioned in subsection (1), must be signed by at least one general partner, and shall set forth:
(a) The name of the foreign limited partnership as it appears on the records of the Department of State.
(b) The jurisdiction of its formation.
(c) The date the foreign limited partnership was authorized to transact business in this state.
(d) If the name of the foreign limited partnership has been changed, the name relinquished and its new name.
(e) If the amendment changes the jurisdiction of the foreign limited partnership, a statement of such change.
(f) If the amendment changes the general partners, the name and address of each new general partner. Each general partner that is not an individual must be registered with the Department of State as required by law, must maintain an active status, and must not be dissolved, revoked, or withdrawn.
(g) If the foreign limited partnership corrects a false statement, the statement it is correcting and a statement containing the corrected information.
(3) The requirements of s. 620.1902(2) for obtaining an original certificate of authority apply to obtaining an amended certificate under this section.
History.s. 17, ch. 2005-267.